Research confirms that the LQBTQ community carries a disproportionate burden of cancer, has distinctive risk factors, and faces additional barriers to accessing health care. There is both greater cancer incidence and more late-stage diagnoses in this population. By participating in events like Pride, we can assist members of this community in fighting back against a disease that takes such a terrible toll on them. Here are some resources to aid in this effort.
Learn more about our LGBTQ+ & Allies Engagement Group!
Participating in Pride
ACS CAN Materials for Pride Events
- Reducing Cancer Dispartities fro LGBTQ+ People
- Cancer Research Funding Action
- Funding Cancer Research Flyer
- Learn more about the ACS CAN LGBTQ+ & Allies Engagement Group
- Tobacco Industry Targeting of LGBTQ+ Community
ACS Fact Sheets and Other Materials
- Tobacco and the LGBTQ+ Community
- Screening Reccomendations and Resources
- Skin Cancer Prevention Infogrpahic
Past Pride Events