Thank you for being a part of Lights of Hope.
This page is designed to help you locate important resources and updates as we work together to make the 12th annual Lights of Hope a huge success.
Lights of Hope General Resources
Please continue to work with your staff partner to order Lights of Hope Bags for your at-home display. For other resources you will find printable links here:
- 2022 Lights of Hope Instructions
- 2022 Lights of Hope fundraising Incentives
- 2022 Lights of Hope Volunteer Launch ( 30 minutes)
- CANRaiser Instructions
- ACS CAN Membership form
- How to Find Your Donors Bag Information
- Secret to a successful fundraiser
- Where Can I Display My Lights of Hope?
2022 Sponsorship Opportunities
Your local community can support Lights of Hope through sponsorship. Please consider offering this opportunity to businesses in your network. If you are looking for ideas on who to add to your sponsor prospect list, check out this list of the type of businesses we already have committed.
2022 Sponsor Packet
Sponsor cover letter - with benefits listed
Sponsor cover letter - with no benefits listed
Sponsor cover letter - personal touch
*Please make sure you check with your staff partner on recruiting sponsorships
Sponsors can easily commit by donating on your CANRaiser page electronically or by sending a check that will need to be tracked as an offline donation on CANRaiser. All sponsors must also be recorded at www.fightcancer.org/LOHSponsorships. If you are hoping to display sponsor signs for an event they must be ordered at least four weeks in advance of when you need them.
Once you recruit a sponsor here are the steps to make sure they are recognized and tracked correctly.
Important Dates- 2022
Volunteer Kick Off and Q & A with staff:
Lights of Hope Fundraising Panels:
Hope Walk 2022, Washington D.C.
September 13, 2022
Host an at home Lights fo Hope Display
August or Septmber 2022
Fundraising Incentive Deadline: September 7, 2022 (11:59pm ET)
CANRaiser closing Deadline: September 30, 2022 (11:59pm ET)
Lights of Hope Fundraising Challenge Dates- 2022
Our fundraising challenges are a fun way we spark competition and continue raising mission critical funds through out the summer.
- Show Us your Hope: June 5-12, 2022
- 24 in 24 Hours: July 13, 2022
- $100 in 100 Hours: August 11-14, 2022
Photo Submission Link
Please submit your best photo of your at-home displays using this form. The form only accepts one photo at a time so please select your best one or two to share. We’re looking for photos depicting groups of Lights of Hope, rather than individual bags. Deadline to submit photos for the Lights of Hope America video compilation is September 7th, 2022. Deadline to submit photos to be part of the nationwide Lights of Hope album is Septmeber 30,2022.
Processing Offline Donations
The first step is to enter all offline donations on your personal CANRaiser page. Once you record your offline donations you will use the tool called Society Donations Batching. Below you will find instructions on how to use Society Donations Batching (SDB) to process all your offline donations and the process for sending in the checks.
- Looking for tips to maximize your Lights of Hope CANRaiser page? Check out this great resource here.
- Tips for using Social media to fundraise. Download here and get started today!
- Create a QR code to easily link donors to your fundraising page on their mobile devise.
- Lights of Hope at home:
- Lights of Hope 2022 At Home Guide.
- Thinking of hosting a community event to display your Lights of Hope? Read the guidance here.
- Download and print a Lights of Hope Across America Sign for your event with a local printer. Find your customized state sign and the instructions here.
- Download and print a Lights of Hope Across America Poster. This posted can be used at your at home displays to explain what Lights of Hope is.
- Promote Lights of Hope with the media kit (COMING SOON).
- Promote your at home event to neighbors using the Next Door App or with in your neighborhood Facebook groups. Find tips and instructions here.
Looking for inspiration for your at home and community Lights of Hope display? Check out these awesome photos that fellow advocates shared in 2021.