This legislative session was a huge success, but it doesn't stop there!
Thank you to our passionate and dedicated ACS CAN Texas volunteers for making your voices heard loud and clear for the 87th Texas legislative session.
Our priority colorectal cancer screening bill (SB 1028) unanimously passed the Texas House and Senate and was signed into law by Governor Abbott!
All of our budget requests made it through the budget conference committee report!
- That adds up to $628 Million Over the Biennium
This includes full funding for:
- The Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT)
- Vital tobacco control programs
- The Texas Cancer Registry
- And an increase in funding for Breast and Cervical Services!