ACS CAN Alaska's 2019 Policy Forum & Community Engagement Event
2019 ACS CAN Alaska 6th Annual Policy Forum & Luncheon
September 25, 2019
The Megan Room—6591 A Street, Anchorage, Alaska
Community Dialogue and Recognition Luncheon
10:00 am—1:00 pm
- Policy Forum Panel Discussion -- 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Networking Time -- 11:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Keynote/Recognition Luncheon -- 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
This event brings together community leaders from the medical, business, and education sectors as well as elected officials and staff.
The format will be an expert panel discussion followed by a luncheon celebrating our policy successes and the partners who made them possible.
The goal is to learn about local successes and identify what we can do next as Alaskans to reduce the effects of chronic disease on our economy and health care system.
Why Healthy Eating and Active Living?
After tobacco use, diet and physical activity are the leading risk factors for cancer in our country. In fact, up to one third of cancer deaths in the US can be attributed to poor diet, physical inactivity, and excess weight.
Policy solutions focus on changing systems within our communities to help turn healthy choices into easy choices.
Join us to address questions such as:
- How does healthy eating and active living affect our economy?
- What progress have we made?
- What systems and infrastructure still need to change?
- How can we better support kids and their families?
- How can we get kids off on the right foot?
As our largest fundraiser and community engagement event, the annual Policy Forum supports ACS CAN’s legislative work at local, state, and federal levels and highlights opportunities for policy change in Alaska.
For information about becoming a sponsor, contact [email protected] or call 907-273-2097.