2021 ACS CAN Nebraska Cancer Research Forum
The ACS CAN Nebraska Cancer Research Forum is a premiere event that brings together leaders from the business, education, medical, government and research communities to advance the work of ACS CAN. The event not only unites those in Nebraska who are fighting to end cancer, it serves to support ACS CAN and its work.
This event will examine the importance of cancer clinical trials and the key barriers preventing patient participation, including a focus on equality, which currently result in approximately 20% of cancer clinical trials never beginning due to lack of enrollment. ACS CAN will use this event to help illustrate and explore the following:
• Are current eligibility criteria preventing willing patients from enrolling in trials? What still needs to be done?
• What role do healthcare institutions play in clinical trial enrollment and success?
• How do we make the progress needed to ensure disparate populations have access to clinical trials?
• What is the long-term impact of COVID-19 on clinical trials?
• How do everyday issues, such as location, transportation, childcare, affect access for patients to potential new treatments through clinical trials?
• What work is ACS CAN doing to increase access to clinical trials?
DONATIONS & SPONSORSHIP
While this event is free to attend, donations are welcomed. Sponsorships are also available by visiting the following website.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
For questions regarding this event please contact Matt Prokop at [email protected] or 402.262.0032