2021 ACS CAN Nebraska Cancer Research Forum
The ACS CAN Nebraska Cancer Research Forum is a premiere event that brings together leaders from the business, education, medical, government and research communities to advance the work of ACS CAN. The event not only unites those in Nebraska who are fighting to end cancer, it serves to support ACS CAN and its work.
This event will examine the importance of cancer clinical trials and the key barriers preventing patient participation, including a focus on equality, which currently result in approximately 20% of cancer clinical trials never beginning due to lack of enrollment. ACS CAN will use this event to help illustrate and explore the following:
• Are current eligibility criteria preventing willing patients from enrolling in trials? What still needs to be done?
• What role do healthcare institutions play in clinical trial enrollment and success?
• How do we make the progress needed to ensure disparate populations have access to clinical trials?
• What is the long-term impact of COVID-19 on clinical trials?
• How do everyday issues, such as location, transportation, childcare, affect access for patients to potential new treatments through clinical trials?
• What work is ACS CAN doing to increase access to clinical trials?
-Christopher J. Kratochvil, M.D.
Global Center for Health Security Distinguished Chair
Associate Vice Chancellor for Clinical Research, UNMC
Vice President for Research, Nebraska Medicine
Chief Medical Officer, UNeHealth
-Matthew Lunning, DO, FACP
Associate Professor, Internal Medicine Division of Oncology & Hematology, UNMC
Associate Vice Chair of Research for the Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Director of the Clinical Research Center (CRC)
-Mark Fleury, PHD,
Principal, Policy Development - Emerging Science, ACS CAN
DONATIONS & SPONSORSHIP
While this event is free to attend, donations are welcomed. Sponsorships are also available by visiting the following website.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
Nebraska Oncology Society
For questions regarding this event please contact Matt Prokop at [email protected] or 402.262.0032