2020 Wyoming Policy Forum
Wyoming and Medicaid Expansion
The Time is Now!
On October 6th, the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) will host a virtual Policy Forum to explore the ramifications of Wyoming’s past decision not to expand Medicaid and how expanding Medicaid in 2021 would benefit over 14,000 Wyoming residents. Participants will consist of key stakeholders, including leaders in business, academia, public policy, health care systems, provider groups, advocacy, and others.
ACS CAN will use this forum to help illustrate and explore the following questions:
- Who will be helped by expanding Medicaid and what does it mean for their health care?
- What is meant by the term, “the gap”, and who does it affect?
- How does expanding Medicaid help the remainder of the Wyoming population?
- What does Medicaid expansion mean for our state’s financial resources?
- What are the ties between lack of Medicaid coverage and access to coverage for cancer treatment?
- Why expanding access to Medicaid is not a political party decision, but a human one.
ACS CAN is the nation’s leading advocacy organization working everyday to make issues facing cancer patients a priority for our elected officials. We like to call ourselves the voices of cancer patients and their families in the halls of government.
Support for this event highlights your company’s commitment to saving more lives from cancer. Join us to learn and build relationships that will lead to fewer Wyoming folks hearing the words, “You have cancer.”
ACS CAN is committed to ensuring that our progress on critical policy issues continues by collaborating with key partners. We invite you and your organization to join us in the fight against cancer by becoming a sponsor through the 2020 ACS CAN Wyoming Policy Forum – Wyoming and Medicaid Expansion: The time is now! Contact [email protected] for sponsorship opportunities.