ACS CAN Massachusetts Legislative Ambassador Homepage
Updated July 19, 2019
New Ambassadors: Welcome to the ACS CAN Team!
To get you started here are ten actions you can take:
1) Review our 13 minute webinar on the roles and responsibilities of ACS CAN ambassadors. You may have viewed this as part of your orientation, and this is here as a refresher for those that would like it.
2) Review the 2019 ACS CAN Legislative Agenda:
3) Review the Massachusetts Legislative Process by clicking HERE
4) Look up and make note of your federal and state lawmakers at www.wheredoivotema.com
5) Follow your lawmakers on social media (Facebook & Twitter)
6) Familiarize yourself with the Massachusetts ACS CAN web page at www.fightcancer.org/ma
7) Join ACS CAN Massachusetts on Facebook by going to www.facebook.com/acscanmass
8) Follow ACS CAN Massachusetts on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ACSCANMA
9) Request access to the Ambassador Action Center by emailing Melissa at [email protected]
10) Watch for an email from your ACT! Lead to set up a time for ACS CAN Training
Legislative Ambassador Guidebook:
Below is the generic (non-congressional district focused) version of the Legislative Ambassador Guidebook. The Guidebook is intended to be a resource for Legislative Ambassadors as they learn and grow into their new volunteer role. New Legislative Ambassdors will review the Guidebook with their ACT! Lead as part of their ACS CAN training. Please feel free to review the Guidebook before your training. However, we caution you that without the context of the training, the Guidebook may be overwhelming.
Guidebook by the Section:
- Legislative Agendas
- ACS CAN Information
- ACS Information
- Tools and Resources
- Fundraising & Membership
- Legislative Relationships
Important information for all current ambassadors:
Link to the Ambassador Action Center
Ambassador Action Center Instructions
Monthly Volunteer Call Meeting Minutes:
Fundraising Call Meeting Minutes:
Additional Ambassador Resources:
For more information call Melissa Stacy at 508-834-4017 or email [email protected].