Protect Kansas Children from Electronic Cigarettes and Tobacco Products
61,000 Kansas kids alive today will die from smoking at current smoking rates.
Nearly 95 percent of adults who smoke started smoking before the age od 21 and nearly 100 percent started by age 26. The American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network supports raising the age for sale of all tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes, to 21 statewide. ACS CAN supports Tobacco 21 legislations that:
- Covers all tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes
- Provides public education and training to retailers
- Implements measures for active enforcement, such as retailer licensing and penalties
- Does not create new categories of products, which would exempt them from other tobacco control laws
- Does not penalize youth
- Does not preempt other jurisdictions from passing strong tobacco control laws
Ask your lawmakers to raise the age for sale of tobacco products to age 21.