It’s time for Minnesota to stand up to Big Tobacco
Minnesota should end the sale of all flavored tobacco products and ensure that there is long-term, sustainable funding for tobacco prevention and cessation programs:
- Tobacco cessation programs are a proven method to help adults quit tobacco use
- Fruit, candy, and menthol tobacco products lure kids into addiction, making it easier to start and harder to quit
- 80% of kids who have ever used tobacco start with a flavored product
- The tobacco industry has spent decades manipulating its menthol brand-specific product line to appeal to kids, communities of color, and the LBGTQ communities
- Prevention programs help protect Minnesota kids from ever starting tobacco products
By ending the sale of all flavored tobacco products, including menthol cigarettes, flavored cigars, hookah, and smokeless tobacco, and by ensuring that Minnesota’s tobacco cessation and prevention programs are sustainably funded, we are acting to protect the health of our kids and all Minnesotans.
Governor Walz and State Legislators, end the sale of all flavored tobacco products, prevent youth tobacco use, and help adults quit in Minnesota.
Thank you for signing the petition!