Increased Tobacco Taxes are a Win-Win-Win for Georgia!
The evidence is clear. The numbers are real.
- Tobacco use is the #1 cause of preventable death in the U.S.
- Georgia has the third lowest cigarette tax in the U.S. at 37 cents per pack.
- Georgia is burdened with $3.18 billion in annual health care expenses directly caused by smoking.
- 11,700 Georgians die from smoking each year
a $1.50/pack cigarette tax increase would save 24,100 lives
Regular and significant tax increases on cigarettes and all other tobacco products are one of the most effective ways to reduce tobacco use. A $1.50 per pack cigarette tax increase will:
- save lives
- reduce health care costs
- generate much-needed revenue
Help save lives from tobacco use. Please support raising the cigarette tax by $1.50 per pack and raise the tax on all tobacco products to a parallel level.
Thank you for taking action on this important issue!